Identified by Vice as 27-year-old Jordan Axani, he posted a thread explaining his situation on Reddit:
In March I booked a fairly wicked trip around the world for this Christmas for my ex and I. While our relationship has come to a close, I am still planning on going on the trip and she is not (naturally). And because I hate the idea of a ticket around the world going to waste, I am looking for a Canadian named Elizabeth Gallagher who could use the ticket.
He also stated that a name change on a ticket is damn near impossible so this was his best option.
December 21: NYC > Milan
December 28: Prague > Paris
December 29: Paris > Bangkok
January 7: Bangkok > New Dehli
January 8: New Dehli > Toronto
I am not looking for anything in return, I am not looking for companionship, romance, drugs, a trade, or to take selfies with you in front the Christmas Market in Prague. If you feel compelled to toss me a couple hundred bucks, great. Really the only thing I ask for is that you enjoy this trip and that it bring you happiness.
We can travel together and see some cool stuff - or not. Im easy and have no problem with someone taking the tickets and doing their own thing (see ya on the plane!)
1. Be sane, smart and (hopefully) interesting.
2. Have always wanted to travel, but maybe havent had the opportunity or cash to see much of the world.
3. Be named Elizabeth Gallagher and have a Canadian passport.
4. Be ready for a rather spontaneous life experience that will, one day, be an epic story that youll tell your kids.
5. Pay it forward. Ive been lucky in life and this is me giving back to the universe. Do something similar someday.